From the chef
Influenced by his fisherman father, he is a chef who displays his knowledge and experience with fish in his cooking.
Chef Susugi was born July 7th, 1964, in Chiba Prefecture. From the time he was very young, he was raised accompanying his fisherman father in his work, becoming very familiar with fishing. Holding an interest in cooking as well, after graduating high school he went to a culinary academy. He trained at Japanese and "Ikesu" (restaurant with live seafood in tanks) restaurants before being hired at Kaisen Izakaya Maru as head chef shortly after it opened in 1996. He says, "Sometimes I pretend to my customers that I'm serving them fish I caught on my day off".
鈴木 勉SUZUKI TSUTOMU
Seafood Izakaya Maru
- Two minute walk from JR Kinshicho Station, before the Kotobashi 4-chome traffic light
- Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood,Alcohol / Sake,Alcohol / Shochu / Izakaya (Japanese Tavern),Taverns
- Average price
- Dinner: 3,800 JPY / Lunch: 700 JPY
- [Weekday] Normal hours 17:00-00:00 (last order at 23:00), last order for drinks at 23:30 [Sunday, national holiday] Normal hours 15:00-23:00 (last order at 22:00), last order for drinks at 22:30 [Saturday] Normal hours 15:00-00:00 (last order at 23:00), last order for drinks at 23:30
4-29-15 Koto Bashi , Sumida-ku, Tokyo map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- Free Wi-Fi / Late-night service / Western cutlery / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Coupons/vouchers / Tatami room / course meals / All you can drink / Large shochu selection / Large sake selection / Restaurants with Facebook pages