From the chef
A chef who puts love into her local Nagano cuisine in tandem with her husband.
Born in August 8th, 1954 in Nagano Prefecture. Her husband had been working for four years as a salaryman, when he decided he wanted to make a restaurant that could serve the local cuisine from where he was born. He then started training to be a soba chef, and in 1982, they opened the store of their dreams, Sobadokoro Monogusa. From pickled vegetables to desert, she assumes the role of making the local Nagano cuisine along with her husband who makes the soba. They named the shop after the Nagano folk legend "Monogusa Taro". Visiting customers often wish them well, hoping that they get along well as husband and wife, live long a time and have a happy life.
米山 君江YONEYAMA KIMIE
Soba Dokoro Monogusa
- 10 min. walk from Matsumoto Station.
- Japanese / Basashi (horse meat sashimi),Japanese / Soba (noodles),Japanese / Local Japanese / Udon/Soba (noodles),Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 1,000 JPY / Lunch: 950 JPY
- Hours: 11:30-22:00. Break from 14:00-17:30. (last order: 22:00) Lunch: 11:30-14:00
3-5-23 Fukashi , Matsumoto-shi, Nagano map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu and English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- English menu / English-speaking staff / Free Wi-Fi / Lunch / Western cutlery / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Child friendly / Coupons/vouchers / Tatami room / Kotatsu (heated table) / course meals / Large shochu selection / Large sake selection
Other Japanese / Basashi (horse meat sashimi),Japanese / Soba (noodles),Japanese / Local Japanese restaurants in Matsumoto/Shiojiri, Nagano
- Hikariya Higashi
Matsumoto / Shiojiri, Nagano
General,Japanese / Japanese style beef steak / Kaiseki (traditional multi-course meal) / Donburi (rice bowl dish)