From the chef
A chef who has been dedicating his whole life to sushi ever since his part-time job experience in high school
Born in Otaru on October 6th, 1965, Nishimori decided to become a sushi chef when he was working part-time at a well-established sushi restaurant during high school and went on to train at the same restaurant when he graduated. He subsequently gained experience in several sushi restaurants, as well as observing fishers to widen his knowledge about fish. In 2005 he opened Sushi Yoshi near Sushiya Street (Sushiya-dori), an area in Otaru where there is a concentration of sushi restaurants. Customers come from far away to savor the luxurious seafood dishes made by the knowledgeable owner.
西森 義幸Yoshiyuki Nishimori
- Get off at [Otaru Station] and head to Sushiya Street. Go straight down Sushiya Street towards the canal, and it's on the right-hand side. It's about a 10-minute walk.
- Japanese / Hokkaido cuisine,Japanese / Donburi (rice bowl dish),Japanese / General / General,Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 2,000 JPY / Lunch: 2,000 JPY
- [Tuesday - Thursday, Day before National Holidays, National Holidays] 10:00 am - 3:30 pm (L.O. 3:00 pm) [Monday, Saturday, Sunday] Lunch 10:00 am - 3:30 pm (L.O. 3:00 pm)
2-2, Shinonome-cho, Otaru, Hokkaido map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu available.
- Credit cards accepted
- English menu / Lunch / No smoking / Reservations / Child friendly / Coupons/vouchers / Tatami room / course meals / Take out / Restaurants with Facebook pages