From the chef
‘Become a sushi chef!' Taking my sushiloving father's words into my heart, this is the path I have walked.
Born in Tokyo on December 21, 1966. My father was a huge sushi lover and he'd take us to sushi restaurants from when I was very young. I grew up with him always saying to me, "Become a sushi chef!" Because of this, I'd write, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a sushi chef!" in school papers from when I was in elementary school. After graduating from junior high school, I spent 5 years training in Tokyo and 12 in Sapporo, after which I opened my restaurant in the neon light city Susukino, alongside 3,500 other shops. Fulfilling my late father's wish, I hold onto that dream with the same hands I make my sushi!
斉藤 明SAITO AKIRA
Sushiya no Saito
- With JR Sapporo Station behind you, walk 4-5 minutes south along Ekimae Dori towards Nakajima Koen Station.
- Japanese / Sushi,Japanese / Crab,Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood / Sushi,Japanese
- Average price
- 12,960 JPY
- Normal hours 5:00pm- 12:00 am (Until 10:00pm on Sundays and days before holidays)
Plaza 6 - 4 Bldg. 1F, 4 Minami Rokujo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / MasterCard / Visa