From the chef
Our chef challenges himself with change, even as he preserves traditions. He is a standard-bearer for creative course meals that refuse to be shackled by convention
Our chef, born in June 1978, is a native of Chiba Prefecture. He was raised from a young age by his Chinese-style chef father, and, thus, it was only a matter of time before he aspired to become a chef himself. He went to work for a local Japanese-style restaurant right after graduating from high school and there he learned the fundamentals of cooking before moving to Tokyo. He honed his skills at Korinbo in Tokyo and Aoyama before coming to work for us at Ginza Kamiya about ten years ago. While he faithfully recreates traditional Japanese-style course meals, he weaves in Western and Chinese-style cooking techniques for an original and creative Japanese cuisine, boldly challenging himself with his insatiable curiosity for the culinary arts.
上野 陽平UENO YOHEI
- Three-minute walk from Ginza Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza and Hibiya Lines.
- Japanese / Japanese Sosaku (creative) / Kaiseki (course menu),Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 20,000 JPY / Lunch: 6,000 JPY
- [Weekdays, Sundays] Lunch: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM (Last order: 2:00 PM) [Weekdays] Dinner: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM (Last order 9:30 PM) [Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays] Lunch: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM (Last order: 2:00 PM) / Dinner: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM (Last order: 9:00 PM)
Kojun Building 4F, Ginza 6-8-7, Chuo, Tokyo map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- 東京都中央区銀座6-8-7 交詢ビル4F
- English services
- English menu available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- English menu / Free Wi-Fi / Lunch / No smoking / Special diet / Western cutlery / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Coupons/vouchers / Counter seating available / course meals / Large shochu selection / Large sake selection