From the chef
French cuisine featuring the natural bounty and flavors of Takayama
Born in Takayama, Gifu Prefecture in 1968. After graduating from high school, he trained at a French restaurant in Nagoya. After working at other local hotels and restaurants, he opened BISTRO KANZO in November 2011. He takes inspiration as a chef from his life experiences in his hometown of Takayama. His use of local Takayama ingredients to create French cuisine featuring Japanese elements has found many fans.
清水 健一Kenichi Shimizu
- 10-minute walk from Takayama Station on the JR Takayama Main Line. Follow Eki-mae Chuo-dori in front of the station; located across from the Hokuriku Bank Takayama Branch.
- Western / French,Western / Steak,Alcohol / Microbrew / French,Italian/French
- Average price
- Dinner: 4,500 JPY / Lunch: 1,500 JPY
- [Monday /Tuesday/Thursday-Sunday/holidays/day before holidays] Lunch 11:00 - 14:00 (last order 14:00) / Dinner 17:00 - 21:00
1F Sing Building, 46 Uramachi, Takayama, Gifu map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- 岐阜県高山市有楽町46 シングビル1F
- English services
- English menu available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- English menu / Free Wi-Fi / Lunch / Late-night service / No smoking / Special diet / Western cutlery / Reservations / Child friendly / Coupons/vouchers / Counter seating available / course meals / All you can drink / Large wine selection