From the chef
He strives to carry on the importance of traditional Kyoto-style cuisine to the next generation
He was born in November of 1961 and grew up in Kyoto. Using the inspiration of his father and grandfather, he set out on a culinary career to inherit his family’s legacy. He started his career by working at a chain of restaurants across the country from Tokyo to Hiroshima, which means his culinary knowledge extends to both the Kanto region and Kansai region. Presently, he serves as a head chef at "Arashiyama Kumahiko", where he stimulates the five senses of his guests with traditional Kyoto-style cuisine. He works hard every day to preserve the traditions of the Tankuma Kitamise restaurant group and carry them on to future generations.
栗栖 基Motoi Kurisu
- 5 minute walk from Arashiyama Station on the Keifuku Railway Arashiyama Main Line. In front of Togetsu bridge, to the west.
- Japanese / Nabe (hot pot),Japanese / Kyoto Cuisine / Japanese,Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 18,000 JPY / Lunch: 10,000 JPY
- [Monday - Wednesday, Friday - Sunday, Holidays, Day Before Holidays] Lunch 11:30 - 14:30 / Dinner 17:00 - 21:00
5-1 Susukinobaba-cho, Sagatenryuji, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa