そば処 庄司屋 山形本店
From the chef
During his training abroad, he realized his love towards his hometown and the importance of passing down food culture.
He was born in 1974 in Yamagata prefecture. After working as an assistant at [Kacho], a traditional Japanese restaurant in Shimbashi, he trained at [Honmura-an], a renowned restaurant in Ogikubo, then went to the U.S. to work at [Honmura-an NY branch] for 4 years. After returning to Japan, he faced his hometown and soba (buckwheat noodles), a traditional Japanese dish, based on his experiences abroad, then became the fifth generation at [Shojiya] with more than 150 years of history and handed down its traditional techniques and taste. In 2010, he opened the Nanukamachi branch at [Mizu-no-Machiya, Nanukamachi Gotenzeki], a commercial facility. Currently he is making efforts to create new soba noodles while keeping the tradition.
庄司 信彦Nobuhiko Shoji
SHOJIYA Yamagata Main branch
そば処 庄司屋 山形本店
- Japanese / Tempura (battered, fried seafood and vegies) , Japanese / Udon (noodles) , Japanese / Soba (noodles)
- 10 minutes walk from the east exit of Yamagata Station, or 5 minutes by taxi. Along with Ushu-kaido Road
- Japanese / Soba (noodles),Japanese / Udon (noodles),Japanese / Tempura (battered, fried seafood and vegies) / Soba (noodles),Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 1,500 JPY / Lunch: 1,000 JPY
- 11:00 am - 8:30 pm (L.O. 8:00 pm)
14-28, Saiwai-cho, Yamagata city, Yamagata map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu and English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- English menu / English-speaking staff / Lunch / No smoking / Special diet / Reservations / Child friendly / Tatami room / Large shochu selection / Large sake selection