Like and Share us
Nishi Umeda is one of the areas in Osaka with the highest concentration of foodie hotspots. There are indeed several delicious options, from casual and laid-back places to sophisticated restaurants you might have to dress up for. You'll be surprised to know that some of them serve lunch as well! High-class restaurants may be over your budget at night, but lunch is usually less expensive, making it a great chance to enjoy the cuisine! Here is a roundup of the best 13 lunch options in Nishi Umeda.
1. Shabutei Nishiumeda BranchShabutei is a shabu-shabu (sliced meat parboiled with vegetables) restaurant that is accessible in no time from Nishi Umeda Station. What makes it special is the possibility to get a hot pot all to yourself with their [Hitori Nabe]. This way, you can enjoy your hot pot at your own pace and with your favorite ingredients, without getting in your lunchmates' way. Of course, this also makes this place the perfect option for solo customers. The [Premium Kuroge Wagyu Shabu Course] that will grant you the ultimate shabu-shabu experience and the [Premium Beef & Pork All-You-Can-Eat Course] are both quite popular menu items. Enjoy high-quality meat with a rich homemade sesame-based sauce in the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of this restaurant.
Shabutei Nishiumeda BranchOpen: [Weekdays and Saturday] Normal hours: 11:00 am - 5:00 am (last order 4:30 am) / Lunch 11:00 am - (L.O. 3:30 pm ) Lunch menu is available. (We also have a dinner menu available)
[Sunday and national holidays] Normal hours: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:30 pm )
Average price: [Dinner] 2,500 JPY / [Lunch] 900 JPY
Access: A 2-minute walk from Nishi-Umeda station. A 7-minute walk from Osaka or Umeda stations.
Address: 2-1-15 Umeda , Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
2. XEX WESTXEX WEST is in an easy-to-access location right next to Umeda Station. An Italian restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, and a bar are merged into one luxurious space. Being able to have a drink after finishing off your Italian or Japanese meal, without having to go to a different location, is just awesome! It may look more like a dinner spot, but they have a rich lunch menu as well. For example, the [Capri Course], a short course available only on weekdays, and the [Napoli Course], an order-made course, come highly recommended. The latter allows you to pick your favorite among many plates of pasta, pizza, or main dish options.
XEX WESTOpen: Lunch 11:00 am - 4:00 pm (L.O. 2:30 pm ) [Salvatore] 11:30 am -3:30 pm, [An] 11:00 am - 3:30 pm, [The BAR] 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner 6:00 pm - 2:00 am (L.O. 12:00 am) [Salvatore] 6:00 pm -12:00 am (last order 11:00 pm), [An] 6:00- 1:00 (L.O. 12:00 am) Bar 6:00 pm - 2:00 am (last order 1:00 am)
Average price: [Dinner] 6,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,650 JPY
Access: By foot from the following stations: 1 minute from Hanshin Umeda station, 1 minute from Nishi-Umeda station on the Yotsubashi line, 2 minutes from the Sakurabashi exit of the JR Osaka station, 5 minutes from Umeda station on the Midosuji line
Address: Herbis Plaza Ent 7F, 2-2-22 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
3. KitazuienWalk 1 minute from Nishi Umeda Station to get to Kitazuien, kaiseki (traditional Japanese course cuisine) restaurant. Despite being inside a modern building, you won't believe your eyes when you see its pure conventional Japanese design, which makes it clear that it is managed by an old ryokan (traditional Japanese inn) in Arima Onsen. Usually, kaiseki restaurants are visited for celebrations and business banquets, but here, there are also small tables for you to sit with friends for a casual meal. Most lunch customers prefer to enjoy different delicacies in small bowls with the colorful [Furumai Tenshin] (3,000 JPY) or the [Mini Kaiseki] (5,000 JPY). Lunchtime is also especially recommended for groups of ladies looking for an informal place to stop for a bite. Why not treat yourself to a luxurious meal with a gorgeous view of their Japanese garden?
KitazuienOpen: [Weekdays, Saturday] Normal hours: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm (Break: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
[Sunday, National Holidays] Normal hours: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm (Break: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 8,000 JPY
Access: A one minute walk from Nishi Umeda Station Exit 9.
Address: ax Bldg. 3F, 2-3-21 Sonezakishinchi, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
4. Torarenbo Hilton Plaza West BranchIf you want to enjoy Japanese cuisine and sake (a type of Japanese alcohol) in Nishi Umeda, head to Torarenbo Hilton Plaza West Branch. Choose your sake among more than 40 types and pair it with the best matching Japanese delicacies. There are both a-la-carte items and courses. They include superb must-eats like the [Anago 3-kind Assortment] (conger eel) or the [Tsumari Soba with Tamagaki Noodles from Tokamachi, Niigata Prefecture]. For lunch, don't miss their [Tai Meshi - All-You-Can-Eat Lunch]. Tai meshi is rice cooked in sea bream and kombu stock, and with this set meal you can pair it with a main dish of your choice among 8 options.
Torarenbo Hilton Plaza West BranchOpen: [Weekdays, Saturday, Sunday] Lunch 11:00 am - 3:00 pm (L.O. 2:00 pm), Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 4,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY
Access: 1 minute walk from Nishi-Umeda Station
Address: Hilton Plaza West, 2-2, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
5. ShoeiStuff your cheeks with teppanyaki (ingredients grilled on an iron griddle) dishes in the stylish interiors of Shoei. Despite the elegant atmosphere and the quality menu items, the prices are surprisingly reasonable. That's why it's always lively and crowded. If you're alone or with a small group of friends, take a seat at the counter so that you can watch the chef grill your food before your eyes. It's a true delight that entertains both eyes and nostrils. For lunch, you can enjoy the best of their courses in a more casual context by ordering the [Kuroge Wagyu Sirloin Steak Lunch]. Alternatively, don't miss this opportunity to taste carefully selected products like the [Wagyu Teppan Sukiyaki Lunch] or the [Teppan Skirt Steak Lunch] for a bargain price.
ShoeiOpen: Dinner 5:00 pm - 12:00 am (L.O. 11:30 pm)
[Weekdays] Lunch 11:30 am - 2:30 pm (L.O. 2:00 pm)
Closed: Every 2nd Sunday of the month (if it falls on a national holiday, it will be closed on the 2nd Monday instead)
Average price: [Dinner] 4,000 JPY *Charge fee 300 JPY / [Lunch] 800 JPY
Access: 5-minute walk from the Sakurabashi Exit of Osaka Station towards Hilton Osaka, on the opposite side of Sakurabashi Bowl
Address: 2F, Roman Club Bldg., 2-4-43, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
6. Alberta Alberta Osaka Maru Building BranchWhen you're in Umeda, Osaka's foremost shopping district, and you're in the mood for a casual Italian meal, Alberta Alberta Osaka Maru Building Branch is what you're looking for. Its minimal and cozy interiors can suit anything from quick lunches to large banquets. Here, you'll get to savor authentic Italian dishes in a casual atmosphere. For lunch, you can enjoy a large variety of pasta, pizza, and main dishes with bread and salads from the buffet, so it's extremely popular. There are also daily specials and dishes available only on weekdays, which means you'll get a different experience every time you go.
Alberta Alberta Osaka Maru Building BranchOpen: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:30 pm) Lunch 11:30 am - 4:00 pm (Lunch menu L.O. 4:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 3,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,050 JPY
Access: B2F of Osaka Maru Building
Address: B2F, Maru Bldg., 1-9-20, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
7. Tokyo Sundubu Osaka Maru Building BranchTokyo Sundubu Osaka Maru Building Branch specializes in sundubu, a well-known Korean specialty wherein tofu is stewed in a hot pot. It's pretty popular because its hot pots are the size of one serving, so you can easily drop by alone or with a few friends. Fresh tofu and seasonal vegetables are stewed together to offer you a super healthy and nourishing dish. You get to choose the extra ingredients other than tofu, the soup base, and even the spiciness level. The most frequently ordered dish is the [Cheese Dak-Galbi Sundubu], which combines sundubu with the famous Korean food called "cheese dak-galbi." Plus, for lunch you can get your sundubu in a convenient set that comes with rice, 3 types of seasonal namul (Korean dishes consisting of seasoned vegetables), and dessert!
Tokyo Sundubu Osaka Maru Building BranchOpen: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm) Lunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Closed: None except for the beginning and end of the year
Average price: [Dinner] 2,500 JPY / [Lunch] 900 JPY
Access: 2-minute walk from Umeda Station
Address: B2F, Osaka Maru Bldg., 1-9-20, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
8. Shabu-Shabu Katsura Maru Building BranchSit in one of the private rooms of Shabu-Shabu Katsura Maru Building Branch to enjoy its specialties: shabu-shabu and sukiyaki (hot pot stew). In their luxurious interiors, they serve 3 types of meat: Yonezawa beef, Kobe beef, and Kyoto meat. For lunch, go for set meals like the [Domestic Beef Steak Over Rice] and the [Domestic Beef Sukiyaki Tray]. Aside from those, there are also kaiseki-style courses like the [Daily Recommended Mini Kaiseki] and the seasonal lunch tray called [Takekagozen]. Families will be happy to know they also have kids menu items.
Shabu-Shabu Katsura Maru Building BranchOpen: [Weekdays] 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
[Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays] 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Lunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Average price: [Dinner] 8,000 JPY
Access: 3-minute walk from Osaka Station. It's on the 2nd floor of Osaka Maru Building.
Address: 1-9-20, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
9. Tanagokoro Osaka Maru Building BranchServing Japanese dishes in private rooms, Tanagokoro Osaka Maru Building Branch is perfect for business meetings and banquets. Of course, it's recommended for dates and family meals as well. The chic interior is characterized by well-thought-of indirect lightning that gives it a classy mood. Its delicious food and drinks will definitely put a smile on your face. Lunch customers love their [Shokado Tray - Made with Plenty of Seasonal Ingredients], pleasing to both eyes and taste buds, as well as the filling [Sashimi Tray - Affordable Sashimi with Tempura]. In addition, they have large courses for groups, so keep it in mind if you're planning a party or a special event.
Tanagokoro Osaka Maru Building BranchOpen: Lunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm, Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:30 pm
*Maru Building's closing days, Beginning and end of the year (December 31 - January 1)
Average price: [Dinner] 5,250 JPY *Average party course 4,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY
Access: 2-minute walk from Umeda Station, 3-minute walk from Osaka Station
Address: 8F, Osaka Maru Bldg., 1-9-20, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
10. Mamesuke Osaka Maru Building BranchMamesuke Osaka Maru Building Branch is a stylish Japanese izakaya designed like a Kyoto machiya (old merchant's house). It can seat up to 140 customers and it's always full, whether it's lunch or dinner time. At lunch, other than trays like the [Jussaizen], the [Premium Jussaizen], or the [Nigiri-zushi Ozen], you should try their [Seasonal Lunch Kaiseki], but you'll have to make a reservation beforehand for this one. You'll be able to choose your budget for this course among 3 options: 2,800 JPY, 3,300 JPY, or 3,800 JPY. If you want to save more money on your lunch, check out their discount campaigns issued every once in a while!
Mamesuke Osaka Maru Building BranchOpen: Lunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm (L.O. 2:00 pm), Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 4,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY
Access: 3-minute walk from Osaka Station, on the 3rd floor of Osaka Maru Building
Address: 3F, Osaka Maru Bldg., 1-9-20, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
11. YI-FU Osaka Maru Building Main BranchIn its fairytale-like interiors that combine Asian and Western tastes, YI-FU Osaka Maru Building Main Branch serves authentic Szechuan cuisine. Apart from a large hall, you'll be able to sit in private rooms equipped with round tables. They're ideal for families and couples, but also business meetings. The most appreciated lunch options range from the reasonably-priced [Business Lunch] and [Noodles Lunch], available only on weekdays, to sophisticated courses like the [Apricot Lunch Course] and the [Shark Fin Lunch Course]. They also have special lunch courses for ladies, so it would be a great idea to come here with your fellow moms!
YI-FU Osaka Maru Building Main BranchOpen: Lunch 11:30 am - 2:30 pm (L.O. 2:00 pm)
[Weekdays] Dinner 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm (L.O. 9:30 pm)
[Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays] Dinner 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm (L.O. 9:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 5,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY
Access: 1 minute walk from Exit D21 of Umeda Station, on the 8th floor of Osaka Maru Building.
Address: 8F, Osaka Maru Building, 1-9-20, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
12. Oyster Room Umeda Herbis Plaza Ent BranchOyster Room Umeda Herbis Ent Branch is an oyster bar renowned for its nice view of the Sky Building, Umeda's most representative skyscraper. They use top-grade "oceanic deep-water oysters" with uncompromising taste and quality. Here, you'll get to enjoy them in all sorts of recipes, from the most orthodox versions to creative and innovative ideas. Most people at lunch go either for their convenient [Lunch Oyster Bar] or the [Oyster Course], a fully-fledged course you get to enjoy at a lunch price. If you're an oyster fan or you just want to try new oyster-based delicacies, do give it a shot!
Oyster Room Umeda Herbis Plaza Ent BranchOpen: [Weekdays] Lunch 11:00 am - 3:00 pm (L.O. 2:30 pm), Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
[Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays] Lunch 11:00 am - 4:00 pm (L.O. 3:30 pm), Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 6,000 JPY / [Lunch] 2,000 JPY
Access: 1 minute walk from Umeda Station
Address: 5F, Herbis Plaza Ent, 2-2-22, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)
13. Gin Kitashinchi BranchAt Gin Kitashinchi, you'll get to savor Ozaki beef, the best quality of beef from Miyazaki, of which only 30 cattle are produced per month. Ozaki beef's main feature is the incredible meltiness and tenderness of its lean meat. This restaurant enhances its deliciousness with Japanese recipes and steak dishes. In fact, Ozaki beef is stocked whole and can be used for kaiseki courses and steaks. If you go for lunch, you'll find several lunch courses. The most popular ones are the [Shoun Course], wherein Ozaki beef is served as a scorched sushi topping, steak, and hamburger, and the [Hana Course], comprising of Ozaki beef-based scorched sashimi, hot pot, steak, and curry.
Gin Kitashinchi BranchOpen: [Weekdays, Saturday, National Holidays, Day before National Holidays] Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 9:00 pm)
[Weekdays, Saturday] Lunch 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm (L.O. 1:30 pm) *Please, make a reservation up to the day before
Closed: Sunday, The New Year Days (December 31 - January 4)
Average price: 8,000 JPY
Access: 1 minute walk from Kitashinchi Station
Address: 4F, Foodear, 1-3-23, Sonezaki Shinchi, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka (Map)