From the chef
As the fourth-generation owner of a long-established family business, he is preserving his family's tradition and skills
Born in Wakayama prefecture in 1949, he is the fourth generation of his family to run this long-established restaurant that specializes in Mount Koya cuisine. He has inherited the restaurant, tastes, and techniques of his father and is preserving them for the modern era. Hanabishi is the finest purveyor of Mount Koya cuisine. Mr. Oka is extremely knowledgeable about all types of Japanese gastronomy, including shojin ryori (simple, vegetarian, Buddhist meals) and kaiseki (traditional Japanese course menu). He believes in working diligently and sparing no effort. He even makes a separate batch of broth for vegetarian dishes. He is trusted by both local regulars and new customers visiting the area as tourists.
大岡 正敬Masayoshi Ooka
- At Koyasan station, take the bus bound for "Okunoin" for about 10 minutes. Directly in front of Senjuimbashi bus stop.
- Average price
- Dinner: 2,000 JPY / Lunch: 2,000 JPY
- [Opening hours] 11:00 - 18:00. Booking required after 18:00.
769 Koyasan, Koya-cho, Ito-gun, Wakayama map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / Visa
- English menu / Lunch / Special diet / Western cutlery / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Tatami room