From the chef
Watching the TV drama "Zenryuaku Ofukurosama" inspired him to become a chef.
He was born in 1961, in Onjuku, Chiba Prefecture. He was inspired to work in Fukagawa after watching the TV show "Zenryaku Ofukurosama", getting his start at a sushi shop there called "Uogashi" at the age of 16. After six years he traveled to the USA. There he spent a year working for "Hatsuhana" in New York City. When he returned to Japan, his mentor Okuchi invited him to come work for us at "Otanko." His personality might be stoic, but he has deep feelings toward his art, and he's been a chef here for 10 years now. He's made numerous TV appearances over the years, including a stint on Fuji TV's "Nonstop!".
市川 正ICHIKAWA TADASHI
Sushi Kapppo Otanko Funabashi Branch
寿司割烹 御旦孤 船橋店
- Turn left after exiting from the north exit of the JR Funabashi station, and walk straight for 200m between Tobu Department Store and Ito-Yokado. The restaurant is next to the greengrocer. 4 minutes by foot.
- Japanese / General,Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood,Japanese / Sushi / Sushi,Japanese
- Average price
- 3,000 JPY
- [Monday - Saturday] 11:30 am - 12:00 am Lunch 11:30 am - 2:30 pm [Sunday, National Holidays] 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm Lunch From 12:00 pm
Unimat Funabashi Ekimae Bldg. 2F , 7-5-4 Hon-cho , Funabashi-shi, Chiba map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / Visa
- Lunch / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Child friendly / Tatami room / course meals