From the chef
Realising his father's greatness and his own culinary aspirations on leaving Hiroshima.
Shinji Umeda was born on March 17th, 1982. He learned much while working a part-time job at a restaurant. The izakaya (Japanese pub) he worked in at that time had an open kitchen, and during everything he did there, from the difficulty of conversing with customers to gaining more knowledge about cooking, he thought to himself "Dad did it like this, and at that time he spoke about this," and the image of his father's face was constantly on his mind. Shinji is currently training at his father's restaurant, studying the culinary arts so that he may one day open his own restaurant full of smiling, satisfied customers.
梅田 真志UMEDA SHINJI
Kappo Sushi Umeda
- A 5-minute walk after alighting from "Tokaichi-machi" station on the Hiroshima electric railway.
- Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood,Japanese / Fugu (blowfish),Japanese / Basashi (horse meat sashimi) / Kaiseki (course menu),Japanese
- Average price
- 8,000 JPY
- Normal hours: 17:00-23:00, can change to past midnight depending on reservation
10-34 Nishi Tokaichi-cho , Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / MasterCard / Visa
- Late-night service / Special diet / Western cutlery / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Child friendly / Tatami room / Kotatsu (heated table) / Large shochu selection / Large sake selection
Other Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood,Japanese / Fugu (blowfish),Japanese / Basashi (horse meat sashimi) restaurants in Hiroshima/Shintenchi/Nagarekawa, Hiroshima
- Japanese Restaurant Miyabitei Sheraton Grand Hotel Hiroshima
Kaiseki (course menu),Japanese / Kaiseki (traditional multi-course meal) / General / Sushi
Kaiseki (course menu),Japanese / General / Sushi / Wine
- Hanbe Garden
Kaiseki (course menu),Japanese / General / Kaiseki (tea-ceremony dishes) / Kaiseki (traditional multi-course meal)
- Japanese Cuisine Setouchi
General,Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood / Kaiseki (traditional multi-course meal)