From the chef
He was drawn by Kaga cuisine into the world of the culinary arts
Mr. Tamaki first entered the world of cuisine through an acquaintance with the head of the (then) Kanazawa City Restaurant Association. He was seized by a fascination with Kaga cooking, and made up his mind to leave the publishing business. Now, 20 years later, he serves as the backbone of Tamura in his hometown of Kanazawa. Photographs of visitors, faces many will have seen on television, line the restaurant's interior. He's made a name for himself even among famous chefs. Still, he doesn't neglect his research into Kaga cuisine, and his passionate pursuit of new dishes has earned him many repeat customers.
玉木 進TAMAKI SUSUMU
Izakaya Kappo Tamura
- About 5 minutes drive from JR Kanazawa Station, a 2 minute walk from Higashi Chaya District, at the base of the Umenohashi Bridge on the Asanokawa River.
- Japanese / General,Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood,Japanese / Crab / Japanese,Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 5,000 JPY / Lunch: 2,300 JPY
- Dinner 17:00 - 23:30 We reserve the right to refuse entry to Junior High School students at night. Lunch 12:00-14:00 (Fri-Sun & Holidays) *Lunch banquets for 2-30 people available with bookings.
2-18 Namikimachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu and English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- MasterCard / Visa
- English menu / English-speaking staff / Free Wi-Fi / Lunch / No smoking / Western cutlery / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Coupons/vouchers / Tatami room / Counter seating available / course meals / All you can drink / Large sake selection / Restaurants with Facebook pages