From the chef
A penchant for cooking during his elementary school years sparked Terashima's desire to become a professional chef.
Hailing from Hokkaido, Terashima had an interest in food even when he was still in elementary school, and could frequently be found trying out new recipes in the kitchen. In 1992, he opened his own bar, where he was enthusiastic about not only his drinks menu, but also his food menu. After 21 years of managing the bar, he decided to try something new and reopened the bar as Taishuizakaya Nichibei on November 12th, 2014. Terashima’s vision for his restaurant is that it will be a place where customers can relax, no matter who they are or what kind of background they have, much like the places he used to visit in Shitamachi in Tokyo, where he lived in his younger years.
- Japanese / Tempura (battered, fried seafood and vegies) , Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood , Japanese / Robatayaki
- A 12-minute walk from Kushiro station. Head south along Kitao-dori, turn left at Kitao-dori 2-3 and it is on your right. It is a 1-minute walk from the Hotel La Vista Kushirogawa.
- Japanese / Tempura (battered, fried seafood and vegies),Japanese / Sashimi (raw fish)/Seafood,Japanese / Robatayaki / Izakaya (Japanese Tavern),Taverns
- Average price
- 3,000 JPY
- [Weekdays, Saturday] Opening hours 17:30 - 01:00
2-9 Suehiro-cho , Kushiro, Hokkaido map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / MasterCard / Visa
Free Wi-Fi / Late-night service / Special diet / Western cutlery / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Child friendly / Coupons/vouchers / Kotatsu (heated table) / course meals / All you can drink / Large cocktail selection / Large shochu selection / Large sake selection
*Please add a special request for inquiries regarding smoking/non-smoking.