From the chef
Mr. Yamato entered the world of cooking without hesitation because his family also owned an izakaya (Japanese pub).
He was born in 1983 in Okinawa. He had been interested in cooking since he was a child, with his family owning an Izakaya, a Japanese-style pub. He had been helping out at home since he was a student, and after graduation, he entered the world of cooking without hesitation. After training in Kyoto and Shiga, he returned to Okinawa, where he has been working as a chef at [Uruma Shimin Shokudo] since May 2019. He says, "I want people to have a chance to eat delicious food made with the ingredients of Uruma City and deliver it to the producers."
西兼盛 大和Nishikanemori Yamato
UERUMA SHIMIN SHOKUDO
- A 50-minute drive from Naha Airport or about a 20-minute drive from Okinawa Minami and Kita Interchange on Okinawa Expressway. Located in Uru Marche
- Japanese / General,Japanese / Okinawa Cuisine,Western / General / General,Western
- Average price
- [Weekdays] 11:00 am - 7:00 pm (L.O. 6:30 pm) [Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays] Lunch 11:00 am - 4:00 pm (L.O.3:15 pm) / Dinner 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm (L.O. 9:00 pm)
183-3 Maehara, Uruma-shi, Okinawa map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu and English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- MasterCard / Visa