From the chef
He was fascinated with the master chef of a sushi shop he visited in his childhood days.
He is from Toyama prefecture. Being fascinated with the master chef of the sushi shop he was taken to by his father, he started working part time at a sushi shop when he was a high school student, then accumulated training at Japanese restaurants. At the age of 22, he moved to Otaru city in Hokkaido and visited sushi restaurants without appointments to ask to let him work. During his 4 year training at a sushi shop in Otaru, far away from his home town, his thoughts towards sushi and his hometown changed. In 2012, he opened [Sushi Daimon] in Toyama, to serve sushi that can be made only in Toyama.
大門 太郎Taro Daimon
- 1 minute walk from Uozu Station on JR Hokuriku Main Line
- Japanese / General,Japanese / Sushi,Japanese / Japanese Sosaku (creative) / Sushi,Japanese
- Average price
- 10,000 JPY
- [Tuesday - Sunday, National Holidays, Day before National Holidays] Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:30 pm)
1-2-3, Shakado, Uozu-shi, Toyama map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club
- No smoking / Reserved rooms / Tatami room / Counter seating available / Large sake selection