From the chef
A chef fascinated by Japanese cuisine who faces his ingredients sincerely with his rich knowledge
Chef Mitsuiwa was born on May 24th, 1956, and is from Takayama city in Gifu prefecture. He has been interested in cooking since childhood. He joined the Buddhist vegetarian cuisine restaurant Kakusho after graduating from school. He moved to Kyoto after this as a result of starting Japanese tea ceremony. He trained for about 5 and a half years at Kawakami in Gion. After gaining further experience at a Japanese style restaurant in Osaka and an eel restaurant in his hometown of Takayama, he opened Mitsuiwa at its present location in 1982 at age 26.
三ツ岩 昇Noboru Mitsuiwa
Shiki No Gochisou Mitsuiwa
- 4 minute walk from JR Takayama station. For drivers, get off at the Takayama interchange on the Tokai Hokuriku Expressway.
- Japanese / General,Japanese / Sushi,Japanese / Kaiseki (traditional multi-course meal) / Kaiseki (course menu),Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 5,000 JPY / Lunch: 4,000 JPY
- 17:00 - 21:30 / Lunch 11:30 - 13:30
1-14-6 Hanaoka-machi Takayama, Gifu map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu and English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- English menu / English-speaking staff / Free Wi-Fi / Lunch / Special diet / Western cutlery / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Child friendly / Tatami room / course meals / All you can drink / Large sake selection / Restaurants with Facebook pages