From the chef
Four generations of soba chefs from his family have run this restaurant.
Born in 1965, in Tokyo. By the time he was a junior high school student he had already decided to become a soba chef, and after graduating from college he started training at Kanda Matsuya. Along with his father, the other senior members of staff taught him soba making techniques and how the shop was run. It would take ten years of work before he was able to do everything. As a soba chef, and a man inheriting the restaurant from the generations before him, he has the flexibility to ensure that the traditional taste and style of Kanda Matsuya is maintained, while also looking towards new things.
小高 孝之ODAKA TAKAYUKI
- One minute walk from Tokyo Metro Maronouchi Line "Awajichou Station" & Toei Shinjuku Line "Ogawamachi Station".
- Japanese / General,Japanese / Soba (noodles),Alcohol / Sake / Udon/Soba (noodles),Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 2,000 JPY / Lunch: 1,000 JPY
- [Weekdays] Regular schedule 11:00 am - 8:00 pm [Saturday and holidays] Normal hours: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
1-13 Kanda Suda-cho , Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- Credit cards accepted
- Western cutlery / Smoking allowed / Reservations / Child friendly