From the chef
His experience with French cuisine has shaped his current culinary style
Our chef was born in Osaka in 1961. At the age of 50, this year marks a turning point in his life as the successor to the established restaurant Kigawa. He first entered the the world of cooking at the age of 19 just for the experience, but he found he wanted to learn more, so he trained in French cuisine. After about five years, he returned to Kigawa, where he has worked for 30 straight years since. He incorporates French culinary techniques in an original style that allows his Osaka-style restaurant to flourish.
上野 修UENO OSAMU
- 5-minute walk from Namba Station on the Osaka Municipal Subway Midosuji Line
- Japanese / Cookshop / General,Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 15,000 JPY / Lunch: 8,000 JPY
- Lunch 11:30 P.M.-2:00 P.M. Dinner 5:00 P.M.-9:30 P.M. (Tuesday-Sunday, holidays, the days before holidays)
Dotonbori 1-7-7, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Osaka map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English-speaking staff available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- English-speaking staff / Lunch / Special diet / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Tatami room / Kotatsu (heated table) / course meals / Large sake selection