From the chef
His culinary dreams were fueled by a chance encounter with a future mentor and beautifully crafted food
Born in Shiga Prefecture in 1971, Mr. Tsuchisaka found his passion for cooking after witnessing a sushi chef prepare a vivid display of handcrafted food. After enrolling in culinary school, he took on a part-time job and ended up meeting the chef who would prove to be a professional mentor throughout his career. From there he took on jobs at various restaurants that specialized in Japanese cuisine in order to learn all that he could. At age 27 he moved up to work as a head chef, and then 10 years after that at age 37 he set out on his own to open Shunsaiten Tsuchiya in the Esaka area of Osaka. Mr. Tsuchisaka prepares tempura (deep fried foods) with fresh, seasonal ingredients that are fried with perfect timing. He also devotes himself to providing his staff with exceptional training.
土阪 幸彦Yukihiko Tsuchisaka
- Japanese / Tempura (battered, fried seafood and vegies) , Japanese / Kaiseki (tea-ceremony dishes) , Alcohol / Wine
- Fifteen-minute walk from Esaka Station on multiple lines.
- Japanese / Tempura (battered, fried seafood and vegies),Japanese / Kaiseki (tea-ceremony dishes),Alcohol / Wine / Japanese,Japanese
- Average price
- Dinner: 15,000 JPY / Lunch: 5,000 JPY
- [Tuesday - Saturday, Holidays, Day Before Holidays] Lunch 11:30 - 14:00 [Weekdays, Holidays, Day Before Holidays] Dinner 18:00 - 21:00 [Saturday] Dinner 17:30 - 21:00
41-4 Toyotsu-cho, Suita, Osaka map
- Address (for taxi driver )
- English services
- English menu available.
- Credit cards accepted
- American Express / Diners Club / MasterCard / Visa
- English menu / Free Wi-Fi / Lunch / No smoking / Special diet / Reservations / Reserved rooms / Tatami room / Counter seating available / course meals / Large sake selection / Large wine selection