Like and Share us
If you happen to be in Omotesando around lunch time, you may want to try dining in a stylish restaurant. The problem is, there's so many of them that you will probably have a hard time picking one! This article features some of these restaurants - particularly cafes, as well as French, Italian, and other fancy restaurants. Find the one that suits your taste and show off your dining expertise to your friends!
1. Aloha TableKnown for its stylish exterior and resort-like vibe, this restaurant offers a wide variety of classic Hawaiian cuisine tailored to fit locals' tastes, such as the [Loco Moco] (white rice topped with a hamburger patty, fried egg, and gravy) and [Acai Bowl] (a mix of acai and other fruit). They also serve plate lunches, pancakes, and other cutely-designed dishes that appeal to both your eyes and taste buds. One of their must-try dishes is the [Malasada Sundae], a popular dessert in Hawaii. It is made of vanilla frosting sandwiched between 2 slices of freshly-baked shortbread. As for their facilities, the restaurant's door is wide enough to fit a stroller. They also offer highchairs, diaper changing sheets, and child-friendly utensils. It's perfect for a girl's party or a mothers' gathering!
Aloha TableOpen: Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
[Weekdays, Day before National Holidays] Lunch 11:30 am - 4:00 pm (L.O. 3:15 pm)
[Weekends, National Holidays] Lunch 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Average price: [Dinner] 3,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY
Access: 1 minute walk from Exit 7 of Meiji-jingumae Harajuku Station
Address: 3F-2, Q Plaza Harajuku, 6-28-6, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Source: hitosara (Japanese only)Located about a minute's walk from Omote-sando Station, Harold & Co is an Italian restaurant that offers dining away from the busy streets of Omotesando. The restaurant's interior has a casual yet sophisticated antique European atmosphere that's perfect for adults. For lunch, they offer fancy dishes like the [Aussie Beef Rib Eye Steak (180g)] (limited servings), [Soft-boiled Egg and Demi-glace Sauce Teppan Hamburg Doria] (hamburger patty and rice casserole served on a iron plate), and [Roasted Black Curry and 10-Spice White Curry]. All of their lunch dishes give you great value for your money, as they are served with salad, as well as a soup and drink of your choice from their soup and drinks bar.
Harold & CoOpen: Lunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm (L.O. 2:30 pm) *A dedicated lunch menu is offered during lunch time.
[Weekdays] Dinner 6:00 pm - 12:00 am (L.O. 11:00 pm)
[Weekends, National Holidays] Dinner 5:00 pm - 12:00 am (L.O. 11:00 pm)
[Friday, Saturday] Bar 12:00 am - 5:00 am
Closed: None (except for the beginning and end of the year from December 30 - January 3)
Average price: [Dinner] 3,500 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY *Lunch is from 900 JPY - 1,100 JPY. Course meals are offered for 2,000 JPY and 3,000 JPY.
Access: 1 minute walk from Exit b2 of Omote-sando Station
Address: B1, Daihan Bldg., 3-6-23, Kita Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
2. Aoyama Spain Bar El VueloEl Vuelo is a meat bar located along Aoyama Street (Aoyama-dori). They serve a wide variety of dishes for lunch, including [100% Ibérico Pork! Salt Hamburg] made of high-quality bellota pork, [Charcoal-grilled Sirloin Steak], and [Salt and Pepper Seasoned Ibérico Pork Tongue]. They also serve as daily specials like the [Grilled Spicy Lamb Galbi] and [Stewed Wagyu Beef Tendon Curry]. All these dishes come in generous servings, so this restaurant is perfect for those who want a heavy, satisfying lunch. They also offer weekend-only course meals made of A5-grade Saga beef.
Aoyama Spain Bar El VueloOpen: Lunch from 11:30 (L.O. 2:00 pm)
Dinner from 5:00 pm (L.O. 11:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 4,500 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY
Access: 2-minute walk from Omote-sando Station
10-minute walk from Shibuya Station
Address: 2F, Success Aoyama Bldg., 5-50-6, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
3. Longing House HarajyukuThis restaurant specializes in dishes made of vegetables taken from Hokkaido to Okinawa, all chosen by their chef, who is also a vegetable sommelier. All their dishes showcase the best features of these carefully-selected vegetables. An example is their [Bagna Cauda] (vegetables dipped in a sauce made from garlic, anchovies, and olive oil). Made with seasonal vegetables, it comes in a serving that is generous enough to surely amaze diners. It is served with 2 kinds of sauces. In addition, the restaurant also boasts of their homemade vegetable and fruit juices - a nutritious, healthy choice for the health-conscious and women on a diet.
Longing House HarajyukuOpen: [Tuesday - Sunday, National Holidays, Day before National Holidays] 11:00 am - 7:00 pm (L.O. 6:30 pm) *L.O. for their salad buffet is at 4:00 pm
Closed: Monday *Open if it falls on a national holiday (such as the beginning and end of the year) (closes the following Tuesday instead)
Average price: [Dinner] 2,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,500 JPY
Access: 4-minute walk from Exit a2 of Omote-sando Station
Address: 4-22-9, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
4. EL CANTINAEL CANTINA offers a quiet dining environment away from the hustle and bustle of Omotesando, so diners can enjoy a relaxing lunch. The owner takes great care in preparing the meat, which is all raised and produced domestically, for the restaurant's dishes. One dish that's particularly popular among men is the [Otoko-don]. It is a filling dish composed of yakitori-don (rice bowl with grilled chicken), a side dish, and miso soup. Aside from that, they also have a [Secret Menu], which is a dish that changes daily. It can be Japanese or Western - the possibilities are endless. This item is perfect for those who are not sure of what to order.
EL CANTINAOpen: [Weekdays] Lunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm (L.O. 2:30 pm)
[Weekdays, Saturday] Dinner 6:00 pm - 12:00 am (L.O. 11:00 pm)
Closed: Sunday, National Holidays *The restaurant also holds after parties and other celebrations every Sunday, so contact them if you need that.
Average price: [Dinner] 3,800 JPY / [Lunch] 850 JPY
Access: 1 minute walk from Aoyama Bell Commons intersection at Gaienmae
Address: B1F, Belltown Aoyama, 3-1-28, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
5. Niigata ShokurakuenLocated behind Omotesando Hills, Niigata Shokurakuen is housed inside a shop selling local specialties from Niigata. It has an old-fashioned interior with an atmosphere that's perfect for adults who want some relaxation. They offer dishes made with Niigata-produced ingredients, like sushi, seafood dishes, and tare katsu-don (Niigata's version of katsu-don). One dish that should not be missed here is the [Niigata Tare Katsu-don], a B-grade local dish from Niigata-shi. It may be a simple meal made of freshly fried tonkatsu (deep-fried pork cutlet) smothered in sweet and spicy soy sauce, but the combination is just so irresistible. Another dish to try is the [Hegi Soba], which is a soba (buckwheat noodles) dish from Niigata's Uonuma area. It is made with funori (seaweed) as its binder, cut and placed into a plate called "hegi" (a square plate made of wood with its bark stripped off). Its smooth, firm texture, delicious taste, and volume is loved even by locals of Niigata.
Niigata ShokurakuenOpen: [Weekdays] Lunch 11:00 am - 2:00 pm (L.O. 2:00 pm)
[Weekdays, Saturday] Dinner 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm (L.O. 9:30 pm)
[Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays] Lunch 11:00 am - 3:00 pm (L.O. 3:00 pm)
[Sunday, National Holidays] Dinner 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm (L.O. 8:30 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 4,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,200 JPY
Access: 2-minute walk from Omote-sando Station
7-minute walk from Harajuku Station
Address: B1F, 4-11-7, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
6. Tofu Sozai Dining AoThis restaurant offers a wide variety of creative dishes using homemade tofu. Be it fried, grilled, or even in pasta, everything uses tofu, surprising diners with their creativity. One of their best-selling dishes is the [Tofu Cheese Menchi Katsu] (deep-fried ground tofu croquette with cheese). It has a fluffy texture and filling taste that can satisfy even men with huge appetites. The difference it has with typical menchi katsu is that it uses tofu instead of meat, making for a healthy treat! They offer more choices that will surely be loved by the health-conscious, especially women. Drop by and have a taste of one of their dishes!
Tofu Sozai Dining AoOpen: [Weekdays] Lunch from 11:15 am (L.O. 3:00 pm) *Closed for lunch on Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays / Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:30 pm (L.O. 10:30 pm)
[Saturday] Dinner 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
Closed: Sunday, Irregular during national holidays *Except when there are banquet course reservations for 5 or more people. They also accept reservations for parties held outside business hours.
Average price: [Dinner] 3,000 JPY / [Lunch] 980 JPY
Access: 3-minute walk from Gaiemmae Station
7-minute walk from Omote-sando Station
Address: B1, Hayashi Bldg., Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
7. FRAPS MINAMIAOYAMALocated away from the hustle and bustle of Omotesando, this cafe is reminiscent of a beach house resort that provides a relaxing and stress-free dining experience. It also has a posh interior that was featured in the TV show, Terrace House. As for their dishes, one of the popular items during lunch time is the [Burger Basic]. It is a very satiating dish featuring an extremely juicy hamburger that can be topped with cheese and avocado. Other dishes that showcase the restaurant's chic atmosphere include [Fried Vegetables and Coconut Chicken Curry] and [Sweet Chili Taco Rice].
FRAPS MINAMIAOYAMAOpen: [Weekdays] Lunch 11:30 am - 4:00 pm (L.O. 3:30 pm) *At least 6 dishes available on the lunch menu. Set meals with soup, salad, and drinks start from 1,000 JPY.
[Tuesday - Saturday, Day before National Holidays] Dinner 6:00 pm - 12:00 am (L.O. 11:00 pm) *Has an extensive menu mainly composed of meat dishes, as well as a wide variety of drinks, such as wine, beer, cocktails, and scotch whisky.
Closed: Irregular *Closing days will be announced on the restaurant's bulletin board and Facebook page.
Average price: [Dinner] 3,500 JPY / [Lunch] 1,000 JPY *Price may differ depending on the item.
Access: 4-minute walk from Gaiemmae Station
10-minute walk from Omote-sando Station
Address: 4F, Katoreya Bldg., 3-2-3, Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
8. La Rochelle Minami AoyamaIf you want to enjoy traditional French cuisine in Omotesando from none other than the French Iron Chef, La Rochelle in Minami Aoyama is where you should head to. This popular French restaurant is owned by Hiroyuki Sakai, a popular chef specializing in French cuisine. He has been featured on numerous TV shows and earned the title "King of Iron Chefs" for winning on a Japanese cooking show. The restaurant is known especially for the vegetables and herbs used in their dishes, as well as other ingredients that the chef carefully selects himself. Using his expertise and skill, all these ingredients are combined and turned into fine, luxurious French cuisine. One of the dishes to watch for from their lunch menu is the [Chef's Special Menu], which showcases a dish that varies daily according to the chef's imagination and the fresh ingredients purchased for the day. It is a dish that both your eyes and palate will surely enjoy. There is no doubt that you will be able to enjoy some quality dining time, as they provide not only exquisite dishes, but also a spacious, elegant interior and very welcoming service.
La Rochelle Minami AoyamaOpen: [Monday, Wednesday - Sunday, National Holidays] Lunch 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (L.O. 2:00 pm), Dinner 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm (L.O. 8:30 pm)
Closed: Tuesday *As well as the 1st Wednesday of every month and special holidays during the summer and winter seasons.
Average price: [Dinner] 15,000 JPY / [Lunch] 6,000 JPY
Access: 3-minute walk from Omote-sando Station
Address: 3-14-23, Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
9. Avokadoya Madosshu CafeKnown for their avocado-based dishes, this restaurant is always packed with diners who made their way in via an early reservation. Each item offered on the menu brings out the best of avocado, which is known to be a very nutritious and healthy fruit. Popular among women is the [Smoked Salmon Avocado-don], which showcases the irresistible taste of salmon and avocado. Other dishes that also appeal to women are the [Tsukiji Negitoro Avocado-don] (rice bowl with avocado, minced tuna, and green onions) and [Avocado and Soft-boiled Egg Spring Rolls]. An early reservation is necessary, as the restaurant is almost always fully booked.
Avokadoya Madosshu CafeOpen: [Weekdays] Lunch 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
[Saturday] Grand Menu 11:30 am - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:00 pm)
[Sunday] Grand Menu 11:30 am - 10:00 pm (L.O. 9:00 pm)
Average price: [Dinner] 3,000 JPY / [Lunch] 1,500 JPY
Access: 5-minute walk from Meiji-jingumae Station
10-minute walk from Harajuku Station
10-minute walk from Shibuya Station
Address: 2F, Royal Town Jingumae, 5-28-7, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
10. THE GREAT BURGERThis restaurant is reminiscent of a Southern Californian diner, giving customers a poppy American dining experience. They have a wide variety of hamburgers and sandwiches on the menu, which makes them perfect for those who would like to enjoy a little snack for lunch. It is one of the most popular dining spots in Omotesando, as it is fully packed most of the time, especially during lunch time. It is said that the secret to their popularity lies with their soft and fragrant hamburger buns that are filling for hungry stomachs. Satisfy your hamburger cravings here!
THE GREAT BURGEROpen: 1:30 pm - 11:00 pm (L.O. 10:30 pm) *Open during lunch time, entrance allowed after 10 pm, open on Sundays
Access: Meiji-jingumae Station
Address: 1F, 6-12-5, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Source: hitosara (Japanese)